Friday, July 20, 2012

White-wash a fence, anyone?

7.18.12

(St. Louis Adventure) Day 1:

      Today was the start of yet another traveling adventure. This weekend is my father's birthday, and to celebrate we decided to head down to St. Louis to hang with my brother, Nathan, for a handful of days. Driving down to St. Louis we go right through Hannibal, Mo where Mark Twain was born. We stopped there for about an hour and walked through the downtown. We saw Mr. Twain's boyhood home, his father's law office, the famous white-wash fence, and some other historic buildings. It was a neat town, not stellar, but still neat.

     We got back in the car and made our way to St. Louis. While Nathan was still at work, to kill some time, we went to the Boeing gift store. My parents were looking for fun things to show that they are proud parents of a Boeing employee, and my sister is obsessed with the AH-64 Apache helicopter, which the company makes. Mom found some fun things, but Allison was disappointed that there weren't more Apache items. After all, who wouldn't want awesome things about a military attack helicopter?

    We then met Nathan back at his apartment were we unpacked. After we settled in, we all hit the pool! With the weather as hot as it has been, the water was pretty warm, yet it was still refreshing. One of the fun things of swimming is races! I raced my mom a couple of times, and then my sisters joined in. But the best part, is seeing how long you can hold your breath. I first started by swimming underwater to see how far I could go. The first time I did the length of the pool and then halfway back. My next attempt I was able to go the length times two! Allison then got out her stopwatch and we timed how long we could stay submerged. Allison got up to 56 seconds. Mom, Natalie, and Dad were about 30 seconds give or take a few seconds. After twice of having times of over a minute (1.19, 1.55), I was able to break the two minute mark with 2.06.

 After swimming for a little while more, we all wandered back to the apartment and watched a movie.  Ready for our day at Six Flags tomorrow, we went to grab some shut-eye.

End day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment